When you have decided to use my services:
- Fill out the convenient form below, email me directly using the link below, or call me. Provide information on your radio and the services you think you want/need.
- Based on the information you provide, I'll give you an initial estimate.
- Ship your radio to me via your favorite method. See my "Contact Me" page for the appropriate address. Pack the set well! Styrofoam and bubble wrap work great. For sets with exposed tuning/volume control shafts, place something over the shafts to protect them. They are easily damaged during shipping and it will cost ~$25 to repair a broken shaft!
- When I receive the set I'll let you know and let you know when the set should be complete.
- I work on sets in the order they arrive! If I am waiting on parts, I'll start work on the next set in the queue.
- I check out key components first including the power transformer before I recap the set. If I find any major problems with any of the key components, I'll advise you first before proceeding (sometimes you might be better off procuring a better set for restoration).
- Once complete, I'll contact you and provide the total restoration cost, including shipping and sales tax (for Texas residents).
- Following payment, I'll send the set back to you and provide you with the shipping details.
- At this time, I currently accept the following methods of payment:
- Paypal: I can send an invoice if you have an email address and PayPal account.
- Credit Cards: Click on the "Pay Now" button below after I have given you the total invoice amount.
- Money orders/personal checks: Make out to: South Texas Antique Electronics. Mail to: South Texas Antique Electronics, PO Box 1062, Portland, TX 78374.
- If the set is not paid for within 60 days of my notification to you that the set is finished, I will attempt to sell the set in order to recoup my costs for parts and labor, unless an agreement has been made with me ahead of time (I understand "stuff" happens).
- I ship via FedEx. If you wish a different return shipping method, let me know.
- For radios that are not packed well, I will charge a $2.50 fee for adequate packing material.
- I insure all sets for the standard $100; conversions for $400. If you want a different insurance amount, let me know.
- When you get the set, if there's a problem inform me as soon as possible so that it can be resolved.